Management and Representative Structures
Principal: Ms. Emma O’Malley Deputy Principal: Mr. Brian Higgins
The school is owned by a Board of Trustees on behalf of the people of the locality. The Board consists of five people, all of whom live locally.
Board of Management
The school is administered by a Board of Management. The Board consists of eight people: four nominated by the Trustees, two nominated by the parents and two nominated by the teaching staff. The Principal acts as Secretary to the Board. The Board is elected for a three year term.
The Board of Management 2017-2020:
Rev. Fr. Michael Breslin (Chairperson), Mrs. Patricia Coyle, Mr. Marty Healy, Mr. Pat McDonagh, Mr. Peter Daly, Mrs. Rosemarie Trayers, Ms. Fiona McGuinness and Mrs. Evelyn Larkin.
The BOM has established a Students Council in fulfillment of Section 27 of the Education Act, 1998.
The general objectives of the Students Council are:
- To enhance communication between students, management, staff and parents,
- To promote an environment conducive to educational and personal development,
- To promote friendship and respect among students,
- To support the management and staff in the development of the school,
- To assist with policy development,
- To represent the views of students on matters of concern.
Student Council 2017-2018
First Year: Chloe Coleman & Ciarán Keane
Second Year: Kate Hanley & Frankie Quinn
Third Year: Niamh Bury & Andrew Naughton
Transition Year: Callum Clogher & Iseult Daly
Fifth Year: Adam Downey & Sarah O’ Roarke
Sixth Year: Mairtín Quinn & Rebecca Conway
The general objective of the Parents’ Association of Coláiste Mhuire is to promote the interests of the students and parents in the school, in co-operation with the BOM, Principal, teachers and students, by offering advice and by adopting a programme of activities, in consultation with the Principal, which will promote the involvement of parents in the operation of the school.
The BOM warmly welcomes the meaningful involvement of the Parents’ Association in the following specific areas:
- The ongoing review of school policy development,
- The organising of educational talks and social events for parents,
- The organising of fundraising events for the school,
- Preparations for the capital development programme in the school.
The Principal attends meetings of the Parents’ Association in a non-voting capacity.
Members of the Parents Association 2017-2018:
Chairperson: Olivia Ward
Joint Secretaries: Ann Murray
Treasurer: Helen Bury
Public Relations Office: School & PA